Thursday, January 7, 2010

Little Miss Ellie




Our Little Miss Ellie Sachiko Trowbridge came into the world on December 20, 2009, and what an adventure it was! The day before she came, we had moved out of our apartment in Provo and moved in with my parents in South Jordan.

Around 6:00 am, I started having some contractions, but after having a really long bout of false labor a few weeks earlier, I didn't think much of it. So we got up and started getting ready for church. But the contractions started getting stronger and longer and instead of going to church, we went to the hospital instead. We delayed going as long as possible, because my worst nightmare was being sent home from the hospital. And since we were living in South Jordan, and having the baby in Orem, we really wanted to be sure this was the real thing.

Everything about the experience was a surprise. We got to the hospital at 1:30 pm and to everyone's surprise, I was already dilated to a 9. Surprise #2 came when it came time to push. The L&D nurse was helping me push through a contraction when all of the sudden she yelled, "Stop pushing!" and then "Mike... go get the doctor NOW!" Her head had popped out all of the sudden without the doctor being there. Luckily, our doctor was just outside in the hallway and was able to hurry in and finish delivering her. Surprise #3 was how much hair she had!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, the little tyke wanted to make a total surprise entrance, didn't she? I'm glad she's here safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What crazy timing. Glad you made it to the hospital! I love all of Ellie's hair too. So cute!

    ReplyDelete