.jpg)
Ellie's bilirubin levels had been a little high when we left the hospital, so on Christmas day we had to go into the clinic to have it tested again. To our shock, it had jumped up again to pretty high levels and the doctor had her admitted to the hospital. The hospital wouldn't admit her into the NICU, so she was put in the cardiac telemetry wing. All of the nurses commented that she was their first baby patient. She had to spend almost 24 hours under the strong bili lights, but the worst part was they put an IV in her head. They stuck her 6 or 7 times in her hands and feet, but since she was dehydrated, they had to put the IV in her head. I'm not sure if the nurses were just trying to make me feel better, or if this is really true, but they said having the IV in the head is the best place for babies. So anyways, it ended up that the clinic where we had her tested, gave us a falsely high bilirubin result which made everyone panic and she probably would've been ok without going to the hospital. But, better safe than sorry, right?


I'm sorry, that is no fun at all. Rachel having had jaundice is the only thing keeping me sane through these last few weeks... I'd wish Sara was coming any day now, if it weren't for the higher chance of jaundice if she came early. I'm so glad that Ellie is okay though!
ReplyDelete