Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jungle Shower

My sister-in-law, Tiffany, is having a baby in October and we couldn't be more excited for her! We did a Jungle Baby Shower, to match her nursery. It turned out really cute! I made the cupcakes, and my mother-in-law did all of the decorating, which is why it turned out so well. I'm not really that good in the "Cute-Department." I actually used up all of my domesticity in one afternoon making those cupcakes. Don't expect anything else from me for the rest of the year!


So, the cupcakes were pretty fun to make, albeit very time-consuming. My co-worker had the book, "What's up, cupcake?" and lent it to me when I told her I was trying to come up with ideas for a jungle-themed baby shower. So I got the idea for the hippo, flamingo, and crocodile in the book, and made up my own monkey. The amazing thing about that book (which I loved) was that their instructions were very reasonable. I am by no means an amazing cook, but these were very do-able. Here are the ingredients for each animal:

Monkey: Nilla wafers (chopped in half for the mouth), M&Ms (for the eyes)
Hippo: Nutter Butters, Cheerios (for the nostrils and the ears), mini choco chips for the eyes
Alligator: Nutter Butters (with the sides shaved off to make the right shape), Fruit Loops (for the eyes) , mini choco chips, white frosting (for the teeth)
Flamingo: Pretzel covered in pink chocolate (for the neck), pink jelly bean (for the head), banana runt (chopped in half for the beak), pink starburst (flattened and cut to make the wings)

1 comment: