Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Green Thumbs

Mike and I have fallen in love with Arugula. Mike ate a bunch on his mission and introduced it to me and now we can't stop eating it! We decided to try out our green thumbs and see if we could grow some in our living room.

We planted them on Thursday evening. Please note our most awesome gardening tools.

And I'm proud to report that when we got home from our camping trip on Saturday night, it looked like this:

Only another month or so until we can eat it! Mike said it's often called "The Rocket" for how fast it grows! That's going to be some fine eatin'!

3 comments:

  1. I have never had arugula but have seen it a lot on cooking shows. All your pictures of Ellie are adorable. I am glad here eye wasn't serious, but yeah good luck with the eye drops! Never fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tools ;} I read on your swimming lessons post that Ellie was 15 pounds... Did I tell you that Sara was 16 pounds at her 4 month checkup? I think Sara must be the hugest baby! Oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you should have posted about arugula. I think you should have confessed your wicked, wicked "virgin" wine bar that you have going on in your apartment. Okay, I posted after a 3 month hiatus-your turn.

    ReplyDelete