We had a really good time visiting family! Stacy & Bryan are excellent cooks and we enjoyed lots of vegetables picked from their garden. Mike ate a Santa Fe Pepper, which was pretty spicy. I touched my tongue to it and boy did it burn! I can't imagine what it would feel like to eat a big chunk of that.
On our way home, we stopped at Bryce Canyon with my parents.
Here's Ellie, posing in front of the majestic backdrop of Bryce Canyon. The only thing separating her from the sheer cliff below was her papa's arms. (Actually, she was very safely seated on a post, securely held by Mike... but it sure felt like she was flirting with death to me. I hate heights.)


This is at the Inspiration Point Overlook. When we headed back to the parking lot, Mike pointed at a car and said, "Oh! Someone's missing their license plate. Poor people!" As we got closer, we realized WE were those poor people.
Someone stole our rear license plate! And they even stole the bolts that attached it to the car. Really? Who does that in a crowded parking lot in the middle of the day? We had to go to the Visitor's Center and file a police report and then they gave us a copy of our signed affidavit so if we got pulled over on the way home, we'd have proof we reported it. By some miracle, we didn't get pulled over at all on the way home and we went to the DMV the next day and paid $10 to get new plates. So to you, Mr. License Plate Stealer, I say, "Thanks a lot! I could've bought lots of delicious ice cream for that $10."
That looks like fun! The license plate story is too funny. You are as hilarious as ever Carol.
ReplyDelete