Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Trip to Utah


 

 Summer!  What a wonderful time of year, if you don't live in Arizona, that is.  That's why we decided to spend two weeks up in Utah.  

Mike is doing a summer internship, plus he's taking summer classes so we've been seeing less of him than we ever have before.  So Ellie, Tilly, and I decided to make the trek up to Utah.  It was my first time driving to Utah alone, so we split it up over two days.  We spent the night in Kanab, and then drove the rest of the way the next day.  The drive went really well, and it was totally worth it to get to see friends and family.

The timing was perfect because I made it to 2 of my friends baby showers: my long time friend Duckie (whos' having a boy in August), and my dear friend and old co-worker Emily, who just had her sweet baby boy).  Sadly, I didn't take any pictures.  

One night we went to Chuck E. Cheese's and we all had a great time!

Chuck E. Cheese

The spoils: 2 princess crowns, stickers, and one slinky

Swimming with Kingsley @ Grandma's house
 Sadly, Mike and I were apart on our 4th Wedding Anniversary, but he did send a Cookie Bouquet!

 There was lots of swimming...


 We also celebrated Ada's 2nd birthday!  Ellie had a hard time understanding why Ada got to open all the presents, and she didn't get to open any. 

I made Pink Lemonade cupcakes for the birthday celebration.

My attempt at taking a fancy food picture. 

I think she liked them.
These 2 are doomed to wear the same clothes for the rest of their lives!
 There were several trips to the park...

 Lunch @ Zupas with Emily B, Emily H, and Kristen.  Emily H. brought her cute little girl, who's 5 months older than Ellie.  They had fun running around together, harassing the people sitting behind that large window in the background. 

 
 We went to a Splash Park in Highland with Courtney, Heidi, and Duckie and the kiddos.  It was such a fun place and totally free!  I think all cities should have these for the kids! 








Playing at the park with Mindee & Anna and the kids

I don't know how, but we ended up taking Mike's family (including his grandparents) to our favorite Korean restaurant in Provo.  His grandma tried Kim Chi.  I'm glad we got photographic proof that this actually happened, cause I don't know if I'd believe it if I hadn't been there.  They were very brave to come with us! 



Eating some good BBQ with Kings & Tiff
One of the photos we'll use to embarrass them when they're older.  So cute though!
Trying on Grandmother's Clown Gear

 We also went to the Salt Lake Farmer's Market.  I've always wanted to go, and we had a good time!  We stopped for lunch at Bruges Waffles & Frites, across the street from the Market.  So good!





The Machine Gun Sandwich, with a chocolate-filled waffle



Mike flew up to join us for the last few days of our vacation!  It was a nice reunion!

 We managed to fit in Wheeler Farm before we left.  Ellie loved seeing all the animals!

Ellie still talks about how the pig was laying in the water to cool off.

 We had such a good time visiting family and friends! It was hard to come back to Arizona!

1 comment:

  1. Lot of fun memories! We are glad that you guys could come up. Hurry back and see us again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete