This happened while we were up in Utah, but I decided to give this its very own post. That's how awesome it was!
My parents had a duck lay eggs in their backyard, so when we got up there, we had to make sure our puppy, Tilly, didn't get too close to the nest when we let her loose. We counted 10 eggs in all. Then, towards the end of our trip, someone noticed that some of the eggs had hatched. The most we ever saw were 3 ducklings all cuddled up with their mama. We assumed the other ones didn't hatch.
One morning, I was downstairs getting ready to take a shower, when I noticed some loud noises coming from the window well. I opened up the blinds and saw 2 baby ducks trying to get out. My Mom and I ran outside to rescue them. They were so tiny and cute and soft. Oh man!
We ran around the yard trying to find the mama duck, and after about 10 minutes of searching, she finally flew down and started angrily quacking at us. So we gently set down the ducklings, and they immediately ran over to their mom.
We were about to go back inside the house when my Mom stopped and said, "I think I still hear quacking." We searched and searched for more ducklings and finally located where the noise was coming from. It was one of those sprinkler boxes, down in the ground, and this one had a cracked cover with a small hole in it. My mom pried up the lid and we were shocked to find 8 more baby ducks who had fallen inside. They were cold and shivering and we thought one of them might be dead.
| I circled the ducks, cause they're kind of hard to see. |
| Three more ducklings |
That is such a fabulous rescue story! And the ducklings look so soft and cute! Plus, we loved seeing you guys during your visit!!!
ReplyDelete