Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rusty Korean

One of my Korean mission companions just moved to Provo to study English. It doesn't feel like it's been 4 years since I got back from my mission, but when I try to speak Korean it feels like I almost never went. Good thing she's here to study English so I made sure to speak plenty of it... ya know... to help her practice.



It was SO MUCH FUN to see her again! We served together for just one transfer, but boy what a transfer that was! We had fun reminiscing about old times. She caught me up on the lives of all of my other companions (who were all Korean). She told me funny stories about our mission president, who is now the President of the Seoul Temple.

She'd never been to Temple Square, so we went, despite the cold weather and snow.





She kept hoping to bump into the prophet, but we had no luck in that department.

We took a tour of the Conference Center, which was really neat! I hadn't toured that building since it first opened. The coolest part was being able to go on the roof. Now I'm probably way behind the times, but I remember hearing that they'd closed the roof to the public after that poor boy died. And I always assumed that it was still off-limits, and that always made me sad because as a young woman, we did a service project where we helped plant some of the stuff up there. But I was thrilled when our tour guide said that you CAN tour the roof with an escort. They don't let you out if there is any sign of inclement weather, but the snow had stopped and the sun had come out by the time we got up there. It was so neat!


They have it organized so one side reflects foliage you would find in the mountains, and the other side represented the desert. Very cool! And very peaceful!



And they had this neat monument that reminded me of the Korean War Memorial.



Anyways, if you have a chance and you haven't done it for awhile, I would definitely recommend touring the Conference Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment