We finally made it to the Discovery Gateway Museum! Ellie had a really great time, and I think she'll have even more fun as she gets older.
We got to climb in the Life Flight Helicopters, which fly over our apartment so often on their way to the hospital. This was of particular interest to me since I get to see the Life Flight crew occasionally in the ER. It's hard to imagine that they can work their magic in such a small, confined space while flying at dizzying heights. I gained a newfound respect for them!

And Ellie loved flying the helicopter.

Here's Ellie looking out the window of the Tree House in the Toddler section. She was really excited, as you can see in the next few pictures. Her face goes from this...

To this...

Think it can't get any better?

Well, it does!

This was my favorite part of the museum, although I don't think Ellie quite understood the point of pushing a shopping cart around and shopping for groceries. I had to restrain myself from stealing the plastic food from everyone's shopping carts and re-stocking and organizing the shelves. Raw fish does NOT belong on the bread shelf, kids.

Here's Ellie riding a horse. Again... I'm not sure she really knew what was going on.


Ellie's favorite part was playing in the water. They had waterproof smocks you could put on, which only served to channel water down the front of her and onto her shoes and pants. Oh well! She had fun.

And here she is reading a book in an Ellie-sized chair. So cute!

We had a great time at the Children's museum!
Looks like she had a blast! So cute!
ReplyDeleteThe grocery store has always been my favorite part too! My mom would take us there when we were kids... and I would spend half the time restocking the shelves correctly.
ReplyDelete