Saturday, June 19, 2010

Alright, alright...

Baby's sleeping, house is unpacked (mostly), dishes are clean, laundry is running... I guess I don't have any more excuses. I better update this darn blog.

A lot can happen in 4 months. Let's see if I can catch it all. Here's an update on our family, mainly with pictures of Ellie, since she's the cutest member of our family and a strategically placed picture will cause you to keep reading no matter how boring this gets.



First, I got a new job. I am one of the newest employees at IMC, also known as the Death Star because of it's massive size and super weapon capabilities. I work in the Transfusion Department.


We do all of the testing when people receive blood at the hospital. We figure out what type people are, find out if they have antibodies that will cause problems when they receive blood, and well... I'm sure you don't really care about ALL of the things we do, but it is quite the interesting job. IMC is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning it has the personnel and the equipment to handle the worst situations. Gunshot wounds, car accidents, falling into fish tanks, yes... we see it all! Part of our responsibility in the blood bank is to take up emergency release blood to the Trauma Bays when really bad cases come in. Initially, when I signed up for this program at BYU they said, "Now you know as a Med Tech, you won't have patient contact, right?" Ha! No patient contact my eye! Now I'm getting more patient contact than I ever wanted. It's pretty crazy when you are up in the trauma rooms banding a patient and collecting samples, and then you go down to the lab and get online to read more about what happened on the news. As happy as I'd be without seeing some of the crazy stuff I do, it is a really satisfying job. It's easier to see that even though we're down in the lab, we're helping save lives.

The other nice thing about my job is it's a 7 on/7 off position, meaning I have every other week off. The 7 on is killer! But the 7 off is fantastic!

Just a side note: if you have B or AB blood, you should donate more. And anyone who isn't afraid of needles and has 2 hours to spare, donate platelets. Cause there's always a shortage of platelets. (And I'm off my soap box.)


We also moved to a condo in Murray, which is nice since I can get to work in about 3 minutes. Great ward, great location, and our condo is a lot bigger than our last place.

And we're really proud of Mike! He took the LSAT last week and will find out in a few weeks what he got so he can start applying to law schools in October. Way to go Mike! It's such a terrible test and we're both glad it's over! Other than that, he's being a stay-at-home papa, which Ellie couldn't be happier about! She's such a Daddy's girl!



Oh yeah! And then there's Ellie. The cutest baby ever. Here's a few pictures to prove my point.




Ellie is 6 months old now! My how time flies! She's rolling, babbling, grabbing, and getting spoiled.

She's started eating,


And drinking,

And playing,
And sleeping.


Being a Mom just keeps getting better and better!


And there you have it! Our life in a nutshell! Sorry this was so long. I promise to try and update a little more regularly in the future to avoid the Death Star of posts.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all the changes! I am happy for you guys! That is great that Mike can stay home with Ellie, Chuck did that last year and it was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie is such a stunning baby! I love her beautiful eyes and hair. It was so much fun to see you guys the other day too! We need to see each other more often. Good luck to Mike with applying to schools, that is such a pain. If you have any questions call anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for an update! I, for one, loved it. Your daughter is adorable and I'm so happy to know what's going on with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for finally writing. Gosh, you act like having a life is an excuse! Look at me -- no life and still no posts. Aspire to greatness, Carol. And yes, you may have the cutest GIRL baby ever, but I'll hold out judgment on the boy side of things. I miss you guys! Move to California. Immediately. Triple your rent and food payments each month!

    Ebbie, since my name will probably confuse you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you guys are doing well. We miss you here in Texas. Ellie is ABSOLUTELY DARLING!!! I wish I were there to hold her chubby little body and look into those stellar eyes. Ryan and I approve. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you updated! We really don't live far from each other, but I feel like I never see you :(

    ReplyDelete