Ellie's preschool took a trip to the Dairy Farm.
 |
| One of the moms hand-drew, colored, and laminated 40+ name tags. Crazy! |
We learned a lot about cows, and more particularly, how the cows are able to survive the deathly heat down here. We took a tractor ride around the farm and got to see where the cows spend their days. There were awnings everywhere for shade, and only in Arizona will you see fans and misters operating 24 hours a day for the cows. With the fans and misters, they can lower the temperature 25 degrees in the shade, which still makes it about 1,000 degrees too hot for life to thrive (according to me, anyways). You'd think after 2 years of living in Phoenix, I'd be a little more used to the heat, but nope... I just don't think I was built to live down here.
 |
| Ellie giving her approval after sampling their Chocolate Milk. |
 |
| Feeding a donkey! |
I had to include the picture below, because this is Kai, a.k.a Ellie's boyfriend. One day after school, I was picking her up and Ellie's teacher stopped Kai's mom and me and said, "I have to tell you this story. Ellie and Kai were the last ones to finish coloring today and Kai stopped Ellie and said, 'Ellie... you are SO beautiful!' and Ellie quickly responded by saying, 'Umm... no.'" That's my girl! Spurn their advances! But they are good friends, and Ellie comes home every day with new stories about Kai.
Love that she is just like her momma! Ha ha! Such a cute girl.
ReplyDelete