Monday, March 25, 2013

I have 3 fingers!

You can tell how behind I am on my blog...

Ellie turned three in December!  When we ask her how old she is, she enthusiastically replies, "I have 3 fingers!"

As always, she had two birthday celebrations: one with my family, and one with Mike's.  

In keeping with tradition, here are a few of the things we LOVE about our 3 year old:

1-  She is OBSESSED with Super Heroes.  I blame it on our babysitting group, which consists of 4 little boys and Ellie.  Every day she is someone new: Batman, Spiderman, Superman...  Even when I get out her My Little Ponies, they immediately become Super Ponies and Bad Ponies.  Some days, she'll only respond  to me if I call her Batman. 

2- She loves music.  One night she woke me up around 3:30 to help her go potty.  She's sitting there taking care of business, eyes half-closed, and starts singing "Hey!  I just met you.  And this is CR-A-A-A-ZY.  Here's my number.  Call me maybe." 

3- She has mastered the art of negotiation, and she knows exactly what I want.  "Mom... can I have some candy, and then we can snuggle on the couch?" 

4- She is one of the kindest people I know, and I hope she never loses that.  We were at a baptism and during the intermission where the people were changing clothes, she decided that she wanted to share her Teddy Grahams with each of the 20+ people in the room.  As she handed one to each person, you could see the joy in her eyes as she learned that giving of yourself brings happiness.

5- I can give her a paper and some scissors and she'll blissfully entertain herself for hours.  She'll cut up the paper into tiny pieces and dump them on the floor so she can collect it in our dustpan and dump it in the garbage. 

6- The girl is left-handed.  She has sort of switched off hands up until just recently, but she has now definitely committed to her left.

7- She loves babies.  She's had 3 new cousins born in the last few months, only one of whom she's met, but... she loves making faces at babies and will work determinedly until she can make them smile. 

8- She's very independent now.  She gets deeply offended if I try and help her do something that she can do herself. 

9- One of her most frequently used phrases is, "Oh, I LOVE (insert name)!  Her so cute!"

10 - She licks her lips all the time, to the point where her upper lip becomes red and chapped.  I'm trying to break her of the habit so it won't be so painful on her lips, but I'll be honest... it's so cute, I think I'll miss it when she stops. 

We absolutely adore our little Ellie, and feel so lucky that she's our daughter!


   
The delicious Red Velvet Cake my Mom got from Nothing Bundt Cakes
The My Little Pony Cake, made by the lovely and talented Tiffany!


This was a seriously delicious cake!  And I loved the frosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment