A few weeks ago, Ellie and I spent a few days in Flagstaff. The first night we were up, we went and ate dinner at a delicious Greek restaurant, and then NAU was holding their International Week so we went to campus and watched a Korean Drum show.
| It' s much colder in Flagstaff than Phoenix! |
Watching this made me really homesick for Korea!
The next day we went shopping. We went to a shopping area right next to the Purina Dog Food factory. Stacy had told me about it before, but this was my first time experiencing the smell first hand. Wow! Everything smelled like dog food. It was bizarre, and unpleasant! Don't ever live next to a dog food factory!
Stacy and Bryan went to a concert that night, so I stayed and watched the kids. Babysitting. Not normally a problem! But it gets a little complex with Ada's contact. Stacy had me practice taking out her contact and cleaning it the night before. It didn't seem so bad when Stacy was standing right beside me, but when it came to doing it solo that night, it was a whole different story! I've never worn contacts, or had any experience with contacts really, so taking out a little toddler's contact was sort of intimidating. Since she's been doing it her whole life, Ada's very good about having people fuss with her contact, but when I couldn't get it out after a few tries, her patience was wearing thing. Poor thing! I had a hard time getting her contact out, but when I finally did, she seemed to forgive me for the entire ordeal.
The next morning we went to a tumbling gym that Stacy & Ada love going to. They open it up for toddlers two days a week, so the kids can run around jumping on trampolines and diving into foam pits. Ellie loved it! Flagstaff is a great place and we have a wonderful time every time we go up!
We just need you to come up and practice with the contact more! Kidding- I'm sure Ada was a lot angrier at us the first few weeks we did it. I think she considers it a fair trade getting to hang out with her aunt and cousin!
ReplyDelete