Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Christmas & New Years

Merry Christmas!


Ellie wasn't quite used to the weather up in Salt Lake!

Ellie snatched my Mom's camera without us knowing and started snapping pictures. I always underestimate how tall she is and what she can grab.

We went to Temple Square with my family. Ellie got to ride Trax for the first time.

As you can see, she LOVED it!

We made sure she was all bundled up, but Mike actually grumbled more about the cold than anyone else! Poor guy! He says that Phoenix is where he's meant to live because he hates the cold!

Temple Square was beautiful, but to be honest... I was actually more impressed with the Mesa Temple Lights. It seemed like there were more lights in Mesa, even though there wasn't.


We had a great time with family and had lots of great food! It was a very wonderful Christmas. It was nice to have Zeke's family there from California too!





Tilly made a new friend! She loved hanging out with the other dogs, although I'm not sure they shared that same sentiment. She's still very much a puppy, and the older dogs weren't quite as energetic as she was.

Ellie got to see a little bit of snow, although there wasn't much.


Grandpa was nice enough to go outside and make a snowman, while the kiddos watched from the warmth of the living room!

We had a great trip, but it would've been better had we not been constantly sick. It was one cold after the other. We were in Utah for 5 weeks, and were sick for 4 1/2 of them. It was ridiculous!

We didn't do much for New Years, on account of me coming down with a cold/flu. We were able to carry on one Higbee tradition: Japanese food @ Kyoto.

Japanese food is so pretty! Too bad I was so congested that I couldn't taste any of it.

I spent New Years Eve and New Years Day laying on my parent's couch, wanting to die. What a way to bring in the new year! But I guess when you start the year so low, it's really easy to go uphill from there.

1 comment: