I've been dragging my feet when it comes to updating this blog. I don't know why. I uploaded the pictures weeks ago... I just can't bring myself to type out a few words and then hit the orange "Publish Post" button. (Random side note: My senior year of high school, I was voted by my seminary classmates as"Most likely to write a book." Again, not entirely sure why, but I find it very unlikely to happen. Especially since I can't even eek out a simple post.) Maybe it's because we had so much fun over Christmas break, and now school is in session again and I'm in denial of once again being a "Law School Single Mom."
Since so much happened over the past month or so, I decided that instead of writing one super long post, I'd break it up into three or four posts.
Ellie celebrated her 2nd birthday in December! When we ask her how old she is, she proudly says, "I have 2 birthdays!"
For the Trowbridge celebration, Tiffany and I made these cupcakes.
Of course, Ellie was extremely spoiled and received several awesome presents. We were at Target and were perusing their $1 section and came upon this little gem. A Science Set, complete with beakers, telescope, tweezers, and glasses.
Ah, the quintessential "Ellie's a nerd" picture that I shall treasure for years to come!
One of her presents included a cooking set, which she adores!
And poor Ada just had to sit, watch, and wonder why Ellie was the only one who got to open presents.
Keeping with tradition, let me share a few things about her that I adore:
1) Boy does this girl have an imagination! We spend most of the day running from monsters and bears. She'll run to our bed, hide under the covers (her tent) and sigh with relief. "We're safe now Mama!"
2) She's also incredibly sweet. I was trying on something at the store and she was in the dressing room with me, sitting in her stroller. While examining myself in the mirror, she said "Turn around Mama!" I spun around and modeled my new outfit and she said, "You look so pretty!" That's when I decided that I should always take her shopping with me.
3) The only way I can get her to brush her teeth is by telling her that her teeth are sad because they're dirty. Then she'll open up her mouth to let me in so that her teeth can be happy. Oh, the games we play!
4) She finally loves nursery. Now she cries when we take her home, instead of when we drop her off.
5) She love to wrestle with Tilly, until she realizes how much bigger and stronger she is.
6) She loves to be tickled and begs me for it every night before bedtime.
7) She'd probably stay in the bathtub all day if I let her. She takes a bucket and pretends to catch whales and sharks.
8) She likes to pretend to go to school, just like Daddy. She puts on her backpack and yells, "Bye Mama. Going to school. See ya later!"
9) She loves listening and dancing to music, but she says "musi-t" instead of music. And occasionally she mixes up her m's and n's. So "stand up" becomes "stam up."
10) She gives the best hugs. We're talking both arms, squeezing with all her strength kind of hugs.
11) When we reach the end of a book she says, "Amen!" and I have to gently remind her that it's actually "The End."
We love you Ellie! Happy Birthday!
Oh Ellie is so cute! And that is too darling about the shopping experience. :) Love it! Happy 2 birthdays Ellie!
ReplyDelete