Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekend in Sedona

A few weeks ago, my parents drove down to Arizona to celebrate my Mom's birthday. We all met in Sedona, and spent a really nice weekend hiking, playing, and eating.


This was the house my parent's rented for the weekend. I think the owners said it could sleep 11, but I seriously think we could've fit 20. It was a really nice place!
Ellie and Ada loved the hammock!
They had a patio on top of their garage that had a fountain, barbecue, table, etc.

Cathedral Rock: one of the most photographed places in America, especially at sunset. (My Iphone obviously didn't do it justice.)





We hiked around Red Rock State Park. This was a house that was built before the area became a state park. We hiked right up to it, and it was an enormous house with a beautiful view, and it was all fenced up and in disrepair. Sad, really.

Ellie fell asleep in the middle of the hike, and spent the rest of the time riding in luxury in the hiking backpack.
This picture made me miss fall. We don't really get seasons down here in Phoenix. Would you believe me when I say that I'm actually sick of nice weather? There's not a lot of weather variety down here.
The inside of a dead cactus.

I don't know what these bushes are, but they were everywhere! I really want one someday.
Who's driving this thing?
Watching YouTube videos with my Dad. This is one of Ellie's favorite things to do in the world!
My Mom's birthday cake.
Here's the view from the patio on top of the garage. Sedona is beautiful, and we had a really fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment