Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Few of my Favorite Things

The other night we went through our bedtime routine, and as I'm laying her down in her crib I said, "I love you Ellie!" To which she replied (totally unprompted), "Love you too, mama." That might have been my favorite moment of motherhood thus far.

Also, I've been singing "Baby Beluga" to Ellie since she was born, and you can imagine my surprise when just the other day she stopped me in the middle of the song and said, "Ellie do it," and then proceeded to sing the entire song by herself. She missed a word here and there, but probably sang about 95% of the song. And instead of saying "Baby Beluga" it's "Baby Ah-boo-ga". It's awfully cute. If I sing new songs with her, she can sing along with me after a few repetitions. Musical prodigy? Only time will tell...


2 comments:

  1. Too cute! She is quite the talker! I wish you lived closer so she could teach Barrett. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love how much their little brains are absorbing right now?
    Morey does the same thing to me sometimes when we're singing, except he says "Not Mama's turn!"

    ReplyDelete