She looks so innocent, don't you think? Don't let her fool you though. She's a sly one!

I was sitting on our couch, when I see Ellie walk out of the kitchen, face covered in something. "Oh no... what did she find on the floor?" was my first thought.
She waddled back into the kitchen with me following close behind. My eyes swept the floor for the mysterious white substance. Cracker crumbs? Maybe flour? Then I saw this:

Yes. Those are cupcakes. On top of the table. The little stinker stood on her tippy toes, extended her little arm as far as she could, and stole all of the frosting off the nearest cupcake.

I was secretly proud of her. I think a valuable life lesson was learned here. For her and for me. Ellie learned that when you want something, and you work really hard to get it, you can achieve your dreams! I learned that if I don't want Ellie to steal my cupcakes, I'll have to put them in the middle of the table.
And here she is enjoying her spoils. How I love this little girl!
Very clever, that little girl. It's so fun when they learn new things. Not so fun when it means you have to watch them even closer.
ReplyDeleteYour Ellie and my Eliza could be partners in crime together. Middle of the table doesn't even work anymore-she can drag chairs over and get things-stinker! I've discovered the top of the fridge. I'm secretly proud of Ellie too-she's tricksy like her mom (and hobbits)
ReplyDeleteToo funny! She knows where the good stuff is. :) I love the picture of her stretching to get to the frosting!
ReplyDelete